February 23, 2013

COLD, FILLING GOODNESS

So busy. I've been feeling like my weeks are just one giant checklist, hence my absence here. BUT part of why I was so busy was because I was making things. Mostly smoothies! So the result of that is more recipes. Always a good thing. We now have a juicer and a Nutri Bullet (close friend of the Magic Bullet), which has turned our house into a giant smoothie. I just keep packing random ingredients into those things and waiting for the result. Sometimes its not so great. Those ones are usually a weird grey color. But that's how I eliminate combinations. Good method? Yep.

If you have a Magic Bullet/Nutri Bullet/Whizzing smoothie machine you will appreciate these. If you don't, I'm sure they turn out the same :)


The Workout/Deceptive Smoothie
this one tastes like sweet chocolate banana heaven. GREAT dessert substitute if you are looking for low sugar. 

1 giant handful of spinach
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 spoonful almond butter
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (can substitute cocoa powder)

The AvoYoYo
 Don't doubt me. I haven't led you astray yet. Putting weird ingredients in smoothies is half the fun.
1/2 avocado
2 scoops *full fat greek yogurt (*less processed, more filling)
1 cup frozen berries
1 orange
1 cup almond milk
add water to make it blend more if needed


If you juice, feel free to add your juice to the AvoYoYo. More fresh fruitiness.
Some of my favorite juicing combinations are...

ginger
spinach
kale
lemon
apple

carrot
cucumber
orange
spinach





 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment