January 22, 2013

PALEO BREAKFAST HASH





One of my FAVORITE parts of paleo friendly food is that most of them taste amazing just mushed together on a plate. You know someone discovered this when the recipe ends in "hash." It's the fancy way of saying "I didn't want to make an elaborate meal, so I threw ingredients together and called it a day." 

Thanks to Juli at paleomg.com for inspiring this hash :)

I read a paleo quote that said "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a servant" in regards to portion sizes. So that's what I did :)

Paleo Breakfast Hash
Brought to you by the random ingredients in my fridge.

1 chopped sausage (I used chicken apple, you can use Italian or any other flavor)
Handful of kale
1/2 a medium sweet potato
1/4 of an onion 
2 eggs

I don't measure anything. So you don't have to either. Use any amount of breakfast items for this.

In a medium skillet, cook your sausage and onions on high in the fat of your choice. 
While these cook, grate your sweet potato to create a pile of hash browns
Add handful of kale leaves and pile of sweet potato to the sausage/ onion mixture.

Once everything starts to sizzle and brown, add your eggs and scramble it all together. 
Cook until eggs are the way you want them!
DONE.

Pile on a plate. Eat. With coffee.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment